Spiritual Disciplines, Modern Brain Research (Bisschops)
1. The goal of PRI therapy is to become ___ , allowing the amygdala
to be reprogrammed with new neural pathways so that the current
symbolic situation does not feel so life threatening anymore.
a. free of oneís defenses
b. less emotional
c. more confident
d. more protective
Overcoming Barriers between Euro-American Chaplains
and African-American Families (Bradley)
2. The author recommends using Biblical narrative to assist African Americans with identifying similar oppressed people and Godís intervention,
citing Pastor Wimberlyís use of the Old Testament story of
Spirituality for Women Survivors of Intimate Partner Abuse (Fowler)
3. Which was NOT a result of this study for most of the IPA women?
a. Most of the survivors relied upon God, Jesus Christ, or a Higher Power as protector, helper, and sustainer.
b. Participation in counseling and social services was expressed as a means to connect to oneís spirituality.
c. Spirituality promoted resilience and an ability to move forward.
d. Spirituality, although quite helpful, should be kept separate from individual and group counseling sessions.
Does Pastoral Counseling Work? (Hausmann)
4. The pastoral counseling treatment protocols that were used in this
study included all of the following EXCEPT
a. grief and loss.
b. anger at God.
c. guilt and forgiveness.
d. self-worth and dignity.
Liminality in Death Care: The Grief-Work of Pastors (Helsel)
5. What advantage do fixed liturgies for funerals have over those created in
the moment of care?
a. They are more popular.
b. They are more contemplative.
c. They provide stability in a time of change and loss.
d. They insure against inappropriate proclamations.
Psychologically Healthy Pastors (Jordan)
6. In this psychological assessment of candidates for ordination, special attention was given to how the candidateís family of origin
a. was affected by any substance abuse.
b. defined male and female roles.
c. dealt with criticism, hurt, and anger.
d. interacted with people of diversity.
Jesus and People with Disabilities (McColl)
7. In the examples of Jesus healing people with disabilities, which is
a. Jesus dealt with the personís spiritual needs first, then physical
b. Jesus healed even if it challenged the local authorities.
c. Jesus healed with words alone and sometimes with both words and touch.
d. Jesus attributed some disabilities to the personís sin.
Hospital Chaplainsí Involvement (Piderman)
8. Most of the cancer participants identified spiritual well-being most consistently with their ability to find ___ in their spiritual beliefs.
Educating CPE Supervisors (Ragsdale)